<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > Child Support Surprise

Child Support Surprise

March 2nd, 2013 at 08:54 pm

I talked earlier about how my ex-husband was trying to get me to tell the state to clear out what he owed. Well, I didn't do that. YaY me!

It has been so long since I even received child support that I haven't even paid attention to it. So, last night, I finally found my login information to the state's child support website and realized that I have $223 sitting in my state account from past collections. (And when I say past, I mean like 2 years ago!)

Thankfully, I still have my child support card (They don't deposit it into your bank account or send you a check, they give you a mastercard where the money is deposited into. Which really gets my goat. If I want to take cash out, they charge me a fee. And I don't like big brother seeing every place I make a transaction. Its really none of their business!)

So - an extra $223! That will really help this week with getting gas in the car and groceries in the house, since I am not getting paid until the 8th but certain things were due on the first, so I am running a little low in the checking account.

Of course, I am not holding my breath to get any other deposits into that account - from what I understand, my ex-husband is paid with a place to live and food to eat - no cash. Any money he does receive is part of his disability from the VA, so I am not sure if they can capture it or not.

4 Responses to “Child Support Surprise”

  1. snafu Says:

    I'm pretty sure VA disability benefits can be attached for child support payments. Northing much is exempt from court ordered child support. I hope you'll act for recovery as it's unconscionable for fathers to abandon their children.

  2. Treeluva Says:

    I have already paid the state to recover, about 10 years ago... sadly, since I am not receiving state benefits, I don't seem to be on top of the totem pole when it comes to actually recovering anything.

  3. snafu Says:

    Glad you still have the card to capture child support. Not much is exempt from court ordered child support and you can certainly claim against disability VA payments. I'm upset when men abandon their children, I find it unconscionable not matter their relationship with ex spouse. There is no thing as ex children

  4. creditcardfree Says:

    Glad that money found its way to you at a time that it is useful!

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]